CrossModel can create and maintain database views, that can be used for different purposes:
The views can be read write, even if thay include multiple tables (complex views)
In CrossModel, the Omnis Studio schemas can create not only tables, but also views.
The views schemas can have the same properties of the tables schemas, including connections.
The CrossModel views can be read-write, even if they include more than one table.
The view can be of different types:
- Mirror views, that create aliases of a table-view.
- Selection views, that apply a selection WHERE to the record of a table-view
- Manual views, in which tha view statement is inserted manually
- Complex views, that are formed by more than one table-view but are baing seen as a single entity that can be read, inserted and updated in the same way of a single table view.
The CrossModel views can be read-write, even if they include more than one table or view.
Insert-update with stored procedures
The insert and update of the view is made with sotred procedures, that in addition to the standard INSERT or UPDATE statement, can perform additional actions:
- Insert or update into multiple tables
- Calculations of columns
- Specific stored procedures additions to customiza the insert-update statement.